lagoon

lagoon

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Goodbye August

With tomorrow being the first of September I thought that I should post a little update about my season so far and my fall plans. August had two races for me, the SRI at the beginning of the month and the Kelowna Apple two weeks later in mid-August. The SRI was my break-through in my 10km run- I finally nailed the 45min mark... right on the dot to be exact! I am so happy that I have finally been able to reach that goal, as it has been nagging me for years to reach that point! With each race this season my 10k time has dropped bit by bit, which is great considering I am STILL having foot issues! When I raced Kelowna 2 weeks later my time was still 45:xx so I am happy to say that it was not a fluke!

More on breakthroughs, Kelowna was my breakthrough race this season! The swim was non-wetsuit and my first time ever swimming in a draft pack. Myself and three other girls broke away and swam in a pace line for the entire 1500m swim... it was awesome! I've never had so much fun during the swim! On to the bike I told myself to keep up to another Victoria local and not let her out of my site for the entire ride. I rode hard and hoped that my legs would have something in them for the run. Luckily they did and my run felt pretty good. Finishing 6min faster than the previous time I raced kelowna, I am very pleased with my performance. 

Now I am just finishing my last week of work and cutting back to Saturday morning shifts only until the end of October. I loved my job and fabulous co-workers this summer, but the early mornings and long hours definitely put a dent into my vigor for training. I've never been so exhausted in my life! I am really looking forward to balancing training with school work, and slightly more sleep than just 5hrs a night! I am in a hard block of training as I am gearing up for my first 70.3 race down in Grand Coulee, WA at the end of September. I am pretty nervous, but trying to keep an open mind and just wait and see what my body can do come race day! 

Time to start my day (I've already been up since 4am for work) and head into a long ride/brick and swim! Happy training and thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment